- Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button.
- Say “start listening” or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.
- Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.
- Say the text that you want dictate.
Also know, how do I voice type in Word 2013?
Additionally, how do I turn on voice typing in Word?
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Word. Simple but crucial.
- Step 2: Click on the Dictate button.
- Step 3: Allow Microsoft Word access to the Microphone.
- Step 4: Begin voice typing.
- Step 5: Incorporate punctuation commands.
Similarly, can I use dictate in Word 2013? Dictate works with Office 2013 and Office 2016 for Windows. Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. A good, close and clear microphone is essential to getting speech recognition to work well.
Subsequently, does Microsoft Word have voice to text? You can use speech-to-text on Microsoft Word through the “Dictate” feature. With Microsoft Word‘s “Dictate” feature, you can write using a microphone and your own voice. When you use Dictate, you can say “new line” to create a new paragraph and add punctuation simply by saying the punctuation aloud.
- Open the app or window you want to dictate into.
- Press Win + H. This keyboard shortcut opens the speech recognition control at the top of the screen.
- Now just start speaking normally, and you should see text appear.
Why is dictate not working on Word?
The Microsoft Word dictation function is not working due to audio driver issues or incorrect settings for the microphone. … You can try to use a voice recorder software if the dictate option is not working in Word. If the Word dictate is not working, make sure to run the built-in troubleshooter.
Why does my Word not have dictate?
Dictate is one of the Office Intelligent Services. Make sure that the “Enable services” option under File > Options > General > Office intelligent services is enable. Otherwise, the Dictate button will not display.
Dictate Feature Available in Word Meanwhile, in OneNote, PowerPoint, and of course, Word, the Dictate button is located on the far-right side of the Home tab. To use the Dictate feature in Word, you only need to click the button and a dot next to the microphone icon will turn red.