- 1 Why is my microphone not working for texting?
- 2 How do I put the microphone on my iPhone keyboard?
- 3 Why is my microphone on my keyboard not working?
- 4 How do I dictate punctuation on my iPhone?
- 5 Can Siri add punctuation to text messages?
- 6 How do you auto punctuate on iPhone?
- 7 How do you get Siri to type a period?
- 8 How do I use punctuation with Siri?
- 9 What are Siri commands?
- 10 What’s smart punctuation on iPhone?
- 11 How do I add words to my iPhone predictive text?
- 12 How do you make slanted apostrophe on iPhone?
- 13 How do you say period in dictation?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Keyboard.
- Tap the Enable Dictation toggle to toggle it on.
- Whenever you open an app that allows for dictation, there will be a microphone icon.
As many you asked, how do I turn on my microphone for texting on my iPhone?
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard.
- Turn on Enable Dictation.
Moreover, how do you turn on the microphone for texting?
You asked, why is my talk to text not working on my iPhone? The first thing to do when Dictation isn’t working is to ensure it’s enabled in your iPhone or iPad settings. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Scroll to the bottom and tap the switch for Enable Dictation. … Now restart your iPhone by holding the Side button and either volume button, then slide to power off.
Beside above, how do you put punctuation in voice text? Tap the microphone icon at the bottom-left corner of your keyboard. Just start speaking to use voice dictation. Android will insert the words as you speak them. Bear in mind that it won’t automatically insert punctuation for you.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “General” then “Keyboard” then scroll down to the “English” section.
- Toggle ON the “Enable Dictation” option.
- Then hit “Enable Dictation” from the pop-up to confirm.
Why is my microphone not working for texting?
Look under Accessibility > Text-to-speech output. Ensure you have “Google Text to Speech” selected and the correct language. Note that Speaking Email won’t use Samsung or other vendor voices – so you need to enable the Google voices as your default TTS engine.
How do I put the microphone on my iPhone keyboard?
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings. General. Keyboard. .
- Tap the. Enable Dictation switch. to turn on or off . When turning on, tap. Enable Dictation. to confirm. When turning off, tap. Turn Off Dictation. to confirm.
Why is my microphone on my keyboard not working?
To check the permissions, go to your device Settings, go to apps, select Gboard and then select App Permissions. In here, enable the Microphone permission if it is not enabled or disable and enable it if it is already enabled. That’s it, you can now check your microphone.
How do I dictate punctuation on my iPhone?
Speak punctuation and symbols: To include punctuation in your dictation, you need to say “comma,” “period,” “hyphen,” and so on. Watch out for language differences. For instance, if you’re using British English, you need to say “full stop” instead of “period.”
Can Siri add punctuation to text messages?
Simply speak punctuation marks out loud when you’re composing an email or sending a text message with Siri. If you say the words “comma,” “period,” “semicolon,” or “ellipsis,” as part of a sentence, Siri will convert it into a punctuation mark.
How do you auto punctuate on iPhone?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Keyboard.
- Turn on Auto-Correction. By default, Auto-Correction is on.
How do you get Siri to type a period?
Force quit all apps. and reopen the one you are using to dictate to. make a new sentence and say the phrase “literal period” and you should now get the word “period” in the sentence instead of “.”
How do I use punctuation with Siri?
What are Siri commands?
- Call [name].
- Text [name].
- FaceTime [name].
- Send an email to [name].
- Check my voicemails.
- Read my messages.
- Open [app].
- Take a picture.
What’s smart punctuation on iPhone?
With iOS 11, Apple introduced Smart Punctuation. By default, this feature automatically converts ambidextrous straight quotes to curly quotes, in addition to converting two hyphens (–) to an em dash (—). In the case of quotes, it also replaces the straight apostrophes and quotes with language-specific glyphs.
How do I add words to my iPhone predictive text?
- With a document open, tap the More button .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Auto-Correction.
- Make sure that Text Replacement is turned on, then tap Replacements List.
- Tap the Add button . For Phrase, enter what you want the app to change the text to (for example, “©”).
How do you make slanted apostrophe on iPhone?
4 Answers. The backtick/backquote was added to the iOS keyboard in 4.1. You need to switch to the numbers keypad and then press & hold apostrophe to access it.
How do you say period in dictation?
- open up a new text message.
- change the keyboard to voice input like you normally would.
- you would see a “red microphone” button that says it’s listening to you. ABOVE that red button in faded colour is a drop-down box to select language.
- click on that and choose “UK English-the one & only”