- 1 Why is the microphone on my iPhone keyboard not working?
- 2 How do I dictate punctuation on my iPhone?
- 3 How do I activate voice on iMessage?
- 4 Why is my microphone not on my Keyboard?
- 5 Can Siri add punctuation to text messages?
- 6 How do I get the microphone back on my keyboard?
- 7 What is the microphone button on iPhone keyboard?
- 8 Where is the microphone icon on my iPhone?
- 9 How do you get Siri to type a period?
- 10 How do I use punctuation with Siri?
- 11 What are Siri commands?
- 12 Where is the microphone settings?
- 13 How do I get my microphone?
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard.
- Turn on Enable Dictation.
In this regard, why can’t I use my voice to text on my iPhone? The first thing to do when Dictation isn’t working is to ensure it’s enabled in your iPhone or iPad settings. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Scroll to the bottom and tap the switch for Enable Dictation. … Now restart your iPhone by holding the Side button and either volume button, then slide to power off.
You asked, why is my microphone not working for texting? Look under Accessibility > Text-to-speech output. Ensure you have “Google Text to Speech” selected and the correct language. Note that Speaking Email won’t use Samsung or other vendor voices – so you need to enable the Google voices as your default TTS engine.
Furthermore, how do you turn on the microphone for texting?
Additionally, how do I get talk to text on my iPhone?
- Open the application you’d like to send text from; for example, the iPhone‘s Mail app or Messages.
- Tap on a text field and, instead of typing, tap the microphone icon next to the space bar.
- Speak the message you’d like to send out loud.
- Tap the “Done” button when finished.
In order to start using the voice to text feature, tap in a text field to bring up your smartphone’s keyboard. Once your keyboard is open, you should see a microphone icon. Clicking on that microphone icon will start the voice to text feature.
Why is the microphone on my iPhone keyboard not working?
Most of the time the microphone icon is missing on keyboard, because Siri is not enabled on your iPhone. Enable Siri feature via Settings -> General-> Siri and Enable Siri. On your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard and Enable dictation & Enable speech-to-text input.
How do I dictate punctuation on my iPhone?
Speak punctuation and symbols: To include punctuation in your dictation, you need to say “comma,” “period,” “hyphen,” and so on. Watch out for language differences. For instance, if you’re using British English, you need to say “full stop” instead of “period.”
How do I activate voice on iMessage?
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “General” then “Keyboard” then scroll down to the “English” section.
- Toggle ON the “Enable Dictation” option.
- Then hit “Enable Dictation” from the pop-up to confirm.
Why is my microphone not on my Keyboard?
Scroll down to find Language and input, then tap it. Check the box in the left side of Google voice typing to enable this option. Enable this option will make the Mic button available on your Samsung keyboard and vice versa. Now, open an app that requires you to use keyboard, such as Messaging app.
Can Siri add punctuation to text messages?
Simply speak punctuation marks out loud when you’re composing an email or sending a text message with Siri. If you say the words “comma,” “period,” “semicolon,” or “ellipsis,” as part of a sentence, Siri will convert it into a punctuation mark.
How do I get the microphone back on my keyboard?
As you may have noticed, a prominent microphone button is visible on the iOS keyboard for iPhone and iPad, which when tapped will use voice-to-text to dictate spoken text to the iOS device in lieu of typing.
Where is the microphone icon on my iPhone?
Toggle Voice Control on. Now that Voice Control is active, you’ll see a blue microphone icon appear next to the clock in the upper-left corner of the display. The appearance of this icon means Voice Control is on and always listening for commands.
How do you get Siri to type a period?
Force quit all apps. and reopen the one you are using to dictate to. make a new sentence and say the phrase “literal period” and you should now get the word “period” in the sentence instead of “.”
How do I use punctuation with Siri?
What are Siri commands?
- Call [name].
- Text [name].
- FaceTime [name].
- Send an email to [name].
- Check my voicemails.
- Read my messages.
- Open [app].
- Take a picture.
Where is the microphone settings?
- On your Android device, open the Chrome app .
- To the right of the address bar, tap More. Settings.
- Tap Site Settings.
- Tap Microphone or Camera.
- Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off.
How do I get my microphone?
- Go to Start → Settings → Privacy → Microphone.
- Click Change to enable the microphone access for the device in use.
- Under “Allow apps to access your microphone”, switch the toggle to the right to allow applications to use the microphone.